What to do when a problem occurs to get faster help by the support team?
In this article, we will guide you through some steps you should take before contacting us with issues. We'd like to share these with you as these are the steps we also try after you describe the issue, to see if we can recreate the issue and solve it quickly for you. By going through the steps before starting the chat, we can also save time and get the optional problem flagged up faster and provide a solution.
1. Do a hard refresh
What does it do?
Hard refresh cleans your cache history and forces the page to reload for you the most recent version. When changes are made on a site, some sites need a little push to show the changed content as they keep using an older saved (cached) version to run faster. Make sure you check if the hard refresh worked and test it. If necessary do hard refresh a few times and double-check if there are any changes.
How can I do it?
On Windows in Chrome you have the following options:
- Press the CTRL button and click on the screen on the refresh icon
- Press at the same time CTRL and F5 keys on the keyboard
- Press at the same time CTRL, Shift and R keys on the keyboard
- Hold the F12 key and click on the refresh icon and pick the option Hard refresh
On Mac in Chrome you can do one of the following:
- Press the Shift key and click on the reload icon next to the page URL
- Press at the same time the Command, Shift and R keys on your keyboard
On Mac in Safari you can do one of the following:
- Go to Safari and click on the button “Empty Cache”
- Press at the same time the Command and R keys on your keyboard
- Press at the same time Option, Command and E keys on the keyboard
Other browser such as Microsoft Edge/ Firefox/ Explorer:
- Pressing CTRL and the F5 key on the keyboard
2. Check if the problem is still present
The hard refresh forces your browser to load and display the latest & most up to date version of the site, with the changes implemented.
3. Check if the problem is present in other places
It is important for us to know if the issue is present in only one specific location on the platform, or if the platform as a whole is affected. See if other Channels or Pages are experiencing the same problem. If not, be sure to include the exact location (URL) to the location on the platform in the Support Ticket.
Additionally, please try recreating the problem from an incognito browser. That will ensure that no running add-ons or extensions could be the cause of the problem. If the problem is not present when you use incognito mode, the problem is likely to do with an extension you have running. What you can do is turn off all extensions, and turn them on one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
4. Check if other people are also experiencing the problem
Is the problem occurring only for a single user, or are multiple users affected? In the case of a single user, try to see what is different between the user where it doesn’t seem to work as intended and where it doesn’t. These differences can help us narrow down the problem.
5. Create a HAR file
In some cases, to truly see what is happening behind the scenes, our support team might ask you to create a HAR file, which is a short recording of the issue in coding, really technical. The good thing, it is relatively easy to get a HAR file, but if you are not familiar, we have created a short explanation for you to go through here.
Google integration debugging
If you experiencing any of these problems:
- Access denied viewing files in Google drive
- Google integration is not authorized
- Unable to search emails or drive files in Happeo
- The calendar is not showing events and meetings in Happeo
- You are unable to upload files from a drive folder you usually have access to
- Gmail / Calendar / Drive widget shows an error message
Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue before submitting a ticket.
When you see any of the pictures below, the following 3 scenarios can be happening linked to the Google Integration:
- Issues with Happeo
- Problems with the user credential
- Being logged out from Google
In case Gmail is not integrated or needs reauthorization, a pop-up will show up on the screen. By clicking on the authorize integration button, you provide permission for Happeo to search for emails and show them in your environment. Another alternative is to open the “Integration” tab under User Settings.
You can simply log out and log back in to reauthorize Happeo. This also applies when there are integration issues with Drive or Calendar.
A pop-up will show up on the screen informing you about your integration being unauthorized and offers you the option to log out.
Calendar/Gmail/drive widget shows an error message
The first thing you can do is to click on the option “Open file” on the bottom right corner of the widget. When the file is accessible in its original place (Gmail/Drive folder/Calendar), refresh Happeo.
If none of these steps works, please do not hesitate to contact our support team and they will be more than happy to help.