What is Happeo Slack bot and how to use it?
Happeo Slack bot helps you to show Happeo content in Slack Channels. Slack chat bot requires 2 things to work:
- Administrators need to enable Slack integration.
- Channel owner/editor needs to connect a Slack Channel with the Happeo Channel.
Enabling Slack integration to organisation
To enable Slack integration to your organisation you'll need a Happeo admin and a Slack workspace admin.
- Open up Admin panel Integrations https://app.happeo.com/admin/integrations
- Click "Add to Slack".
- Enable Happeo bot in your Slack workspace.
Enabling Slack integration to a Channel
To enable Slack integration to a Happeo Channel you'll need Happeo Channel owner / editor permissions.
- Open up a Happeo Channel with which you want to integrate with.
- Open settings and copy Slack command from Integrations section (/happeo connect 123).
- Open the Slack Channel you want to integrate and paste the command.
- Follow provided link to enable integration.
Here is a video of the process:
Enabling private Slack Channel integration to a Channel
The process to enable a private Slack Channel integration to a Happeo Channel is a little different as opposed to a public one.
In order to enable a private Slack Channel integration, you first have to add the @Happeo app as a member of that private Slack Channel. After you have done so, you can proceed with the usual steps that are required to integrate a Slack Channel to a Happeo Channel.
Note: One Happeo environment can only be integrated into a single Slack Workspace.