Getting started with Happeo Channels
In this article you'll learn how to create Channels and how to manage them.
Create a Channel
The ability to create a channel depends on if the Happeo admin has given the permission through the admin settings. We recommend that you allow all users the ability to create Channels.
Fine tuning & Managing Channels
After creating a Channel you can fine tune the Channel to personalise it and ensure that it fits your use case. You can set the following:
The colour will be displayed in the left of the Channel name within my Channels section. This will allow you to colour code Channels that are related.
Choose header image
The header image will be displayed at the top of the Channel. Please see the recommended image specifications.
Manage Channel members
Here you will be able to change sharing options for Google users and groups in the Channel.
Activate Channel tools such as discussion, files, calendar and hangouts
- Files: Connect an existing team drive or folder, or a new folder to the Channel for users to collaborate on. Any files shared in the Channel will be saved to this folder.
- Calendar: Add an existing calendar to the Channel or create a new one based on the Channel Participants.
- Hangouts: Allow Channel members to invite each other into hangouts directly from the Channel.
- Set the level of discoverability Restricted (default) - Not visible in discovery, join by sharing.
- Ask to join - Visible in discovery, anyone can ask to join from the discovery view.
- Anyone can join - Visible in discovery, anyone can join automatically, and also see the Channel without joining.
Decide the level of participation by restricting commenting and posting.
- Anyone can post and comment (default).
- Anyone can comment, but posting is restricted to Channel Owner and Editors.
- Only the Channel Owner and Editors can comment and post.
Archiving a Channel will remove it from the Happeo user interface and can only be undone my a Happeo admin.
Adding members, Channel tools and posting
The channel page is made up of 3 sections:
- Channel Feed.
- Channel Navigation
- Channel Sidebar.
After fine tuning the Channel settings you next need to add Channel members. This can be done from the Settings tab under manage members or via the Channel Members tab. You can add either specific users or Groups. When users or Groups have been added they will be notified that they have been added to the Channel and it will show in their Channel overview.
Customising Channel Sidebar
The Channel Sidebar is visible to all Channel members and can be customised with different Channel widgets such as:
Channel Links: These links act as quick links for Channel members where they can link Happeo pages, Drive and external content.
Upcoming Events: This widget will show any upcoming events on the Channel calendar.
Important Files: Allows you to link Drive folders or files that are important for the Channel members.
Using the Channel Feed
In the Channel Feed you are able to post, comment, like, share documents and tag people similar to other social platforms.