In this article, you will find information regarding Slack Bot and how to enable it for your Happeo Channel
Happeo Slack bot helps you to show Happeo content in Slack Channels. Slack chatbot requires 2 things to work:
- Administrators need to enable Slack integration
- Channel owner/editor needs to connect a Slack Channel with the Happeo Channel
Enabling a Slack integration to organisation
To enable Slack integration to your organisation you'll need a Happeo admin and a Slack workspace admin.
- Open up Admin panel Integrations
- Click Add to Slack
- Enable Happeo bot in your Slack workspace.
Enabling a Slack integration to a Channel
To enable Slack integration to a Happeo Channel you'll need Happeo Channel owner/editor permissions.
- Open up a Happeo Channel with which you want to integrate with
- Open settings and copy Slack command from Integrations section (/happeo connect 123)
- Open the Slack Channel you want to integrate and paste the command
- Follow provided link to enable integration
Here is a video of the process:
Enabling a private Slack integration to a Channel
The process to enable a private Slack Channel integration to a Happeo Channel is a little different as opposed to a public one.
In order to enable a private Slack Channel integration, you first have to add the @Happeo app as a member of that private Slack Channel. After you have done so, you can proceed with the usual steps that are required to integrate a Slack Channel to a Happeo Channel.
Note: The Happeo environment can only be integrated into a single Slack Workspace.
Disabling the Slack integration from a Channel
Disabling a Slack integration from a Happeo Channel is quite similar to enabling one. Instead of the Slack command e.g., /happeo connect 123 you simply replace the "connect" with "disconnect" and paste the command into the Slack channel you wish to disconnect your Happeo Channel from.
Note: make sure that you also toggle off the Slack integration in your Happeo Channel's settings! You can do so by navigating to the specific Happeo Channel > click on the Channel's Settings in the Channel menu on the top right > scroll down to Integrations > and toggle off Slack.