In this article, you will find information regarding Slack Bot and how to enable, disable and remove it for your Happeo Channel
Happeo Slack bot helps you to show Happeo content in Slack Channels. Slack chatbot requires 2 things to work:
- Administrators need to enable the Slack integration
- Channel owner/editor(s) needs to connect a Slack Channel with the Happeo Channel
Enabling a Slack integration to organization
To enable Slack integration in your organization you'll need a Happeo admin and a Slack workspace admin.
- Open up the Admin panel Integrations
- Click on Add to Slack
- Enable the Happeo bot in your Slack workspace
Enabling a Slack integration to a Channel
To enable Slack integration to a Happeo Channel you'll need Happeo Channel owner/editor permissions.
- Open up a Happeo Channel with which you want to integrate with
- Open the settings and copy the Slack command from the Integrations section (/happeo connect 123)
- Open the Slack Channel you want to integrate and paste the command
- Follow the provided link to enable the integration
Here is a video of the process:
Enabling a private Slack integration to a Channel
The process to enable a private Slack Channel integration to a Happeo Channel is a little different as opposed to a public one.
In order to enable a private Slack Channel integration, you first have to add the @Happeo app as a member of that private Slack Channel. After you have done so, you can proceed with the usual steps that are required to integrate a Slack Channel into a Happeo Channel.
Note: The Happeo environment can only be integrated into a single Slack Workspace.
Disabling the Slack integration from a Channel
Disabling a Slack integration from a Happeo Channel is quite similar to enabling one. Instead of the Slack command e.g., /happeo connect 123 you simply replace the "connect" with "disconnect" and paste the command into the Slack channel you wish to disconnect your Happeo Channel from.
Note: make sure that you also toggle off the Slack integration in your Happeo Channel's settings! You can do so by navigating to the specific Happeo Channel > click on the Channel's Settings in the Channel menu on the top right > scroll down to Integrations > and toggle off Slack.
Removing the Slack integration from a Channel
To remove the slack integration from a Channel, you can:
- Type /remove @happeo
Note: You must be a Slack admin to remove Happeo from a Slack Channel.
Branded Slack bot
If you want to change the branding and name of your Happeo Slack bot notifications, please see this article.
Images with Slack notifications
When a Channel post or article contains an image, those images will appear in Slack notifications.
You can set an expiration date for these images by:
- Navigating to the Admin settings
- Click on Integrations
- Next to Slack Bot, click on the settings icon next to the integration toggle
- Set the expiration date for Happeo post images in Slack