Break down silos by integrating Happeo with Google Chat
Note: If you are using a custom URL, you will still need to enable the Google Chat integration while being logged into app.happeo.com as opposed to your custom URL.
Happeo Google Chat bot helps you to show Happeo content in Google Chatrooms. Google chat bot requires 3 things to work (in order):
- Google administrators need to allow the installation of bots (more specifically the Happeo Google Chat bot) in Google Chatrooms
- For more information regarding the steps that need to be taken, please visit this article from Google
- Happeo administrators need to enable the Google Chat bot integration
- Channel owners/editors need to connect a Google Chatroom with the Happeo Channel of their choice
Enabling the Google Chat integration
- Open up the Admin panel > Integrations
- Click the enable toggle
- Follow the instructions
Enabling the Google Chat integration to a Channel
To enable the Google Chat integration to a Happeo Channel, you'll need to have Happeo Channel owner/editor permissions.
- Open up a Google Chat chatroom and add Happeo Chat bot to it. You can find how to install the Happeo Chat bot in Google chat here
- Open a Happeo Channel and go to its Channel settings. You will be able to see Google Chat under integrations
- A command will be displayed there. You can copy and paste it to the Google Chat Chatroom you wish to connect to
- Follow the link that appears in the Chatroom and that's it!