This article aims to inform you about how you can synchronise your employee counts to Happeo by setting up a Google Workspace integration with Happeo
Table of contents
- The three things you will need to do
- If you are a Google Workspace administrator
- If you are a Google Workspace administrator and received an e-mail where a colleague asked you to set up the Google Workspace integration
- Normal setup
- Step one
- Step two
- If you are not a Google Workspace administrator
- Problems and errors
- I chose the wrong colleague!
- "The API access has been disabled in the Google Workspace Admin Panel settings"
- "Happeo has not been properly installed in Google Workspace"
- "This account cannot access the Google Workspace Directory"
- Google Sync Issues
The three things you will need to do
- Go to the Google Marketplace
- Install Happeo
- Finalise the setup in the Happeo Admin Panel
If you are a Google Workspace administrator
If you are a Google Workspace administrator and received an e-mail where a colleague asked you to set up the Google Workspace integration
The e-mail should have a direct link to the correct page. Otherwise, go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the 'Integrations' tab.
Click on 'Finalise' and skip the next part of this article and go to Step 1.
- Go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the 'Integrations' tab
- Click on 'Install'. It will ask if you are a Google Workspace administrator. Click on 'I am a Google Workspace admin'
If you already have installed Happeo in the Google Workspace Marketplace, you can skip this step.
- Click on 'Open Google Workspace Marketplace'. This will open the Marketplace in a new tab
- Choose 'Domain install' and select 'Continue'. This will install Happeo for all the accounts in your domain
- You will need to grant rights for Happeo to access your domain data. If you choose not to do so, Happeo will not be able to synchronise your domain data
- After clicking 'Done', you can close the tab and go back to the Happeo Admin Panel
Click on 'Finalise Google Workspace sync'. This will check that Happeo has the correct rights to access your domain data.
If everything is correct, the Google Workspace synchronisation set-up is complete and the accounts in your domain are being deployed!
You can now go to User Management and manage the Google Workspace synchronisation and your Happeo licenses from there.
Congratulations, your Google Workspace user synchronisation has been set up!
If you are not a Google Workspace administrator
You will not be able to set up a Google Workspace user synchronisation. You can, however, ask a colleague to set it up.
If you have not yet invited a Google Workspace administrator to your Happeo instance as a Happeo admin, please do so first before continuing.
Once you have a Google Workspace administrator as a Happeo admin, go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the 'Integrations' tab.
- Click on 'Install'. It will ask if you are a Google Workspace administrator. Click on 'Ask a Google Workspace admin'
- Choose a colleague from the list. Make sure your colleague is a Google Workspace administrator
- Then click on 'Send request' to ask that person to set up the synchronisation
Your colleague will receive an e-mail explaining what to do with links to the Happeo Admin panel and this article.
Problems and errors
I chose the wrong colleague!
While the synchronisation has not been finalised, you can always change who should set it up.
Simply click on 'Change sync account?'.
"The API access has been disabled in the Google Workspace Admin Panel settings"
The API access has been disabled in the Google Workspace Admin Panel. Please enable it and retry Step 2.
"Happeo has not been properly installed in Google Workspace"
It would seem that Happeo has not been correctly installed in the Google Workspace Marketplace. Please go back to Step 1.
"This account cannot access the Google Workspace Directory"
The account set up for the synchronisation does not have the correct rights in Google Workspace to get the Directory information. Either choose another account or add the correct rights in the Google Workspace Admin Panel.
Google Sync Issues
Are you experiencing unexpected issues when it comes to the sync between Google Workspace and Happeo? This may be leading to new users not syncing to Happeo, changes to User Information not being reflected, or problems with Group Membership in Happeo.
To give some insight into the issue: we sync with Google continuously throughout the day. Ever since these issues began we have only been receiving sync updates, once every 6 hours or so, for a total of around 20 minutes per time. This is causing many of the changes made in Google not to sync fully. We know this can be very frustrating but we do have a workaround available:
Once per day (please not more than that):
You can go to:
- Admin settings
- User Management
- Google Workspace Settings
- Hit the button in the top-right corner, 'Sync All Users'
- This will force an update and works for syncing and updating your users
If any users seem to continue to experience an issue, please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket or email email@example.com with the email addresses of the affected users. We will investigate ASAP and should resolve it very quickly.