In this article, you will learn how to embed sites with an iFrame
Would you like to use your Google Sites content within Happeo pages? This article takes you through setting this up step by step.
- Google Sites will be deprecated starting September 1st 2021
- Therefore, Google Sites can no longer be iFramed in Happeo starting from that date
- The new version of Google Sites is unable to be iFramed
- You will need to switch to 'Classic sites'
Google Sites settings
The first thing you need to do is ensure that your Google Sites settings are correct. You can do this by going to:
- Google sites and clicking on Settings
- Manage Sites
- Scroll down to the security part of the settings and ensure that "Allow embedding of your site in other sites" is turned on
Setting up your Happeo Page
Create a new Page Group and ensure you choose the "Only Content" layout.
Next, go to Page Group Styles and create a new Page Group Style. You do this by going to My Styles and start editing.
- In the Page Group Styles go to:
- Page Layout Details
- In the 'Content' section change the width to 100%
- Then go to:
- Widget Spacing
- Change it to 0px for top, bottom, left and right
- Finally, go to:
- Change to 0px for top, bottom, left and right
- Save the Page Group Styles
The final step is to use an iFrame Widget to display the content.
Go and copy the Google Sites URL then paste it into the iFrame Widget under the URL option.