In this article, you will learn how to archive and unarchive Channels
As you become a member of more and more Channels you may end up wanting to archive and unarchive some of the Channels.
Table of contents
- How to archive a Channel
- Archiving versus deleting
- Archiving a Channel
- How to unarchive a Channel
- For normal users
- For admins
How to archive a Channel
Archiving versus deleting
An important thing to note is that Happeo does not delete/remove Channels completely. Instead, it stores them in an archive in case you want to bring them back (e.g. accidentally archiving a Channel).
Archiving a Channel
To archive a Channel, navigate to:
- The Channel you wish to archive
- Click on Settings
- Scroll all the way down to the Danger Zone
- Click on Archive Channel
Note: Primary news Channels cannot be archived. You must first set another Channel as the Primary news Channel before archiving the Channel you currently have as a Primary news Channel.
How to unarchive a Channel
Note: As a normal user, you can only unarchive Channels that you own. Platform admins and those who have access to admin mode can unarchive Channels that also belong to other users. However, admins can only unarchive other users' Channels from the Admin settings and not the Channel Management.
For normal users
- Navigate to the Channel navigation
- Click on All and select Archived
- You will be presented with a list of archived Channels. Select the Channel you wish to unarchive
- Click on Unarchive
- Go to the Admin settings (click on your avatar at the top right corner)
- Select Channels
- Click on Archived
- Click on the three dots next to the Channel you wish to unarchive
- Select Restore channel